Monday, March 15, 2010

Solar Wonders of the System

I have to confess a secret: I am not a big admirer of the astronomical documentaries. The majority they seem too slightly rigorous or with a quite annoying sensationalist approach to me. For this motive I did not pay too much attention to the new series of the BBC Solar Wonders of the System. The series is presented by the new idol mediático of the modern physics, Brian Cox, who, certainly, seems to have taken the relief of Brian Greene in the complicated position of "physically - más-televisivo-del-momento". But, with Cox or without Cox, simply any more of the heap was not feeling like to me seeing another typical documentary.
Nevertheless, I satiate of listening to praises on the first chapter, Empire of the Sun, and after several recommendations of good friends, I decided to visionarlo. And the truth is that...: woof!, impressive. I do not know if it would be the high definition, the most beautiful photo or the music, but the result is spectacular. The whole example of manual of how must the perfect documentary be. In fact, more that an astronomical documentary is a beautiful work of art, almost a movie. In any case, no lover of the astronomy - or of the science, since we are - must lose it. I do not know if the rest of chapters will be at the level of the first one, but this one has been enough to me to become convinced of the high quality of the series. If they have not seen yet it, do a favor to him and enjoy this marvel. Of course, do not forget to see it in high definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment